Sunday, 17 April 2011

i believe you

The most heart warming thing one of my friends says to me, when we are talking is "I believe you". I think next to someone professing love, this is the sweetest thing I could possibly be told.
I probably should tell this friend this, as I have not done so yet, but it got me thinking there must be something about this statement that would touch God's heart, just the way it always touches mine. I am minded of the "without faith it's impossible to please God" verse (Heb 11:6) - 



But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out]"

You guys know when we ourselves mention something twice, it's must be of some importance, when we mention it thrice, then it's critical that the warning/instruction be adhered to.


You won't even be a Jesus Christ follower in the first place if you didn't believe God. Is that possible? I think not.


Yeah, the work comes when we have to believe His word just like that, we are the smart generation, and believing God's word with not enough physical evidence seems dumb almost all the time or let's just say all the time. We want to see how it all lines up and our analysis should at least make some sense. Well, If we look at the faith hall of fame in Hebrews chapter 11, those guys didn't rely in physical evidence from God to believe Him. That's the same way my friend believes what I say, without seeing into my mind. I think thats because of the relationship that we have had, which means we need to keep our relationship with God alive, not running-on-life-support-alive, but proper bubbly alive. Not to say there are no life support times, but that should not be the modus operandi.  


I bet God gets a mighty heart-throbbing feeling when we choose to believe Him, when we actually have not evidence to hold on to.
His Word is Enough Evidence.

8 comments:

chinnyugoji said...

What a revelation! I've never consciously thought of God's pleasure in us believing Him. I mean, we usually consider faith as a commandment and belief as a form of obedience; not necessarily as evidence of love. How do we miss these signals? I think of Abraham and how God's heart must have burgeoned with love when Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son. He BELIEVED God was faithful and true despite evidence to the contrary. I'm going to love and believe God with this understanding. Thank you so much for this.

jhazmyn said...

I luv this perspective, cos i also feel warm inside when I know someone believes me...thanks for sharing this Sim

dosh said...

i'm with chinny, i've never looked at it from this perspective too. i just obey in faith and never really consider the fact that i'm doing it in love or that it warms God's heart.

God bless u for sharing

Kafo said...

i like the way you started it

thanks for this reminder

happy easter

justdoyin said...

very well said...I just read John 3 this morning and it talks about "believe" in Jesus christ also...as the key to eternal life...I love your angle.

Gee said...

I believe you :)

David C Brown said...

"And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness", Romans 4: 3.

That's how much it means to God!

N.I.L (Naijamum in London) said...

Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks also for dropping by my blog. I have popped you on my block list so I'll be back