Tuesday, 11 May 2010

why pray ..?

I began to examine the bible to find out why, if god wants to do something for humanity. He cannot except somebody asks him. I found the answer through the study of God’s word.

You see, though some people have built up “spiritual air castles” that God is running everything in this world, He is not.

During the Vietnam war a nationally syndicated newspaper columnist began one column by stating that he was not a Christian. He said he was not an atheist because the atheist says there is no God.

“I suppose you would classify me as agnostic.” he wrote. “The agnostic says there maybe a God, but if there is, I don’t know it.

Actually, I am prone to believe there is a supreme Being. I do not believe that everything here just happened. I believe there is a creator somewhere.

“But I have never read the Bible. i do not attend church. One reason I don’t is that what the Christians say about God doesn’t agree with what I think a Creator should be, nor with with what I can see of Him in nature.

Even the ministers say . ‘God has everything under control. He’s running everything.’

“Well, if He is, He sure has things in a mess. People are killing each other. Little children are dying. Little children are hungry. Women are suffering. There are wars everywhere.

If God has everything under control, do you mean God is running those wars?”

Even an unregenerate columnist knew that wasn’t right.

God is not ruling this world. He is not ruling on the earth.

Thank God, He will one day !

But right now His will is not being carried out on the earth, except in the lives of those who surrender to Him.

That is easy to see if you will accept what the Bible says. The Bible says that God is not willing that any should perish  but that all should come to repentance ( 2 Peter 3:9. It is obvious that His will concerning the salvation of all men is not being carried out.

……. to be continued

10 comments:

Jaycee said...

This is deep. I agree that God's will is carried out in the lives of those who surrender to Him. Your response is also adequate to answer the popular question, "why do bad things happen to good people?"

Dee! said...

One thing I know, there is GOD. Take the wheel Lord!

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Hmm thought provoking. Its like the story of the children of Israel in Samuel 13-14, when they asked God for a king, so they could be like the other nations around them. God allowed it to happen and then bad things happened. My take is nothing happens without God's permission. If we as people or nations do not conform to the will of God, then God will allow us to have a field day in our own will. Him allowing it to happen, means He is still in control, for He can make it not be the case...

But you are right the key is THE WILL of God. If God's will is not done, God will give us room to live out in the WILL OF THE FLESH - the manifestation is what we see in the world today.

How are you bros? Much love x

Debbie said...

I totally agree with you on this one, Simone, I am currently reading a book called God on Mute. The writer (Pete Greig) wrote along the same lines.

When God created the earth, he gave the control (we call it dominion) of it to man, it is up to man to run it the way we see fit. God has his part we have our part to play in the running of our earth.
Now imagine if God has to be in control in every single area of our world, I mean every part: there will be kiosk because we all have different agenda. He allows us to express our free will which he gave us. So God place certain laws by which the world (earth) is being governor. God as sovereign but he is will not go against his law (he is not a law breaker). He will allow things to operate take their natural cause.

Most of the unfortunate things happening in our world today are caused by fallen man: and as you said God’s will is seen in the lives of those who have accepted him.
He’s will is for all to come to know him, but all has not, has he forced them no. We have a part to play when we express our willingness to accept him. (Our free will). He said if anyone opens the door, so we will have to use our free will to decide to open and allow him in or keep the door close and keep him out of our lives.

God’s will be in full demonstration in the new heaven and new earth promised in revelation, until then we have to live lives on parallel lanes, with God and evil as our daily companions!

~Sirius~ said...

I seriously can't wait for the conclusion of this post

Waffarian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NoLimit said...

This post is really thought provoking and very challenging...
I uttered it out recently that I hate listening to the news because of all the ugly news that can be quite depressing...
something in me...I will like to think it is the Holy spirit asked me a question that has made me read the news more(at least the summary)...
He asked me...If I don't know what is happening around me how will I know what to pray for and the direction my prayer should take...
And yes I'm marrying this post to Jaycee's post.

David C Brown said...

God is in control! But He allows things in the world to work out what is in His mind. Sin is in the world - and if God came in all sinners would be judged. He will do that in His time - but meantime it is a day of grace. There is the opportunity to repent and to trust in the Lord Jesus.

Which is what the Bible tells us.

Anoda Phase said...

hmmmm...deep...I'll wait to read the conclusion first.

simeone said...

thanks everyone.. i pray we all find the answers we seek as we continue to walk with Him..
peace n luv