Wednesday, 24 March 2010

“application questions”

o.k people..how have we been..? I’m thankful to God that I can think with my brain..that I sld write a post..that I can actually put this thing on my laps and start typing while reading what I’m typing..

ok. The issue of application questions ..is just some little something in my head..digression..i’m smiling…love is a beautiful thing…and as much as I’ll want to point the finger at someone..theres no one to accuse yet..the ..concept of love is what I’m smiling at.. or lemme just point the finger at God ..he started this love ish..

o.k soo.. I’ve been in school now for a while..it feels good.i tell you..its not all fun but I think I’m enjoying it..i have become a lil lazy to school runz..the undergrad zeal..is not something you can buy..i tell you..and part of my laziness is the unlikeness for definitions..define this and that..how many will I know..and I have discovered what I can call my strength which I call application problems..maybe there’s a more technical term for it..but this just refers to applying our concept/ theory/ method to any given problem at all..and getting it sorted out..i mean no matter how headless and mumbled up the problem seems..i can apply what I have been taught to it and get a reasonable looking solution ..

o.k well so I was thinking as well of how my bible being the text book and the holy spirit being my teacher..how the issues are life’s challenges..you see..it looks interesting when with my undergrad zeal..i can read the bible and go to class church..and memorize verses and do all that… but doing all the do-able stress and not being able to apply the lessons when the need arises is pointless , to me..i have fumbled a lot at applying what I learn and memorize..but I have not been on a spot..but then..these application questions life presents to us can be really something sometimes..not making up an excuse at all..but if there’s someone reading this,..and you’ve been tempted to think..maybe the bible doesn’t really apply to the real world.. just want you to know..that… that thought itself..is an application question…

Hebews 10:23 says

“Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise.”

..one thing I’m constantly “scared” of is not doing what I know or looking for a short cut when I encounter some situations…

The application lifestyle is one that strives to apply every memorized verse of the bible..when the need arises..one that prays and lets go of all doubts..and fears..one that loves with the same kind of love God loves us with…..if we don’t apply all we learn and hear…every other thing we do..are just going to be religious activity..this,I am also always wary of. God has given us his word and holy spirit to help us find our way through life by finding his will for us and walking in it...

Take a look at James 1:22

“But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.”

Ask the holy spirit to lead you always…(and you must always follow his leading),tell him its God’s will you want to do when you are in “interesting” circumstances..trust Him and you can’t be disappointed.

14 comments:

Jaycee said...

This is it. The whole message of His word. That we need to put it all into action. Hard, but doable....

Thanks Simeone.

Harry-Rami Itie said...

Thanks for this... It was really inspirational

Enkay said...

I think the key for me is not just hearing but hearing to do. It is in doing that the blessing lies.
Thanks Simeone!

NakedSha said...

True this, lady

Debbie said...

We've heard it preached, read it and prayed about it. It's about time we do it for the blessings is in the doing.
Thanks for this well written piece.

Anoda Phase said...

u r right Simeone...God's word is not only for hearing, but more importantly, for doing...I really do need to check and improve on my word/life application...thanks for this gentle reminder...

Myne Whitman said...

I love the message, we have to DO the Word, apply it in our lives. Thanks for sharing and have a good weekend.

Cherylg said...

SOOOO True!!! Jesus said "If you love me, KEEP my commandments." That taught us that there needs to be actions. THANK YOU.

C :)

v奎峰奎峰 said...

TAHNKS FOR YOUR SHARING~~~VERY NICE ........................................

Kafo said...

hmm
well said
i always had a thing for james

prashant said...

Thanks for this... It was really inspirational
data entry work from home

Shola said...

“But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.” thanks for reminding us.

ParisH said...

nice to know you ~........................................

茂恒 said...

珍惜當下..活在當下..祝大家都平平安安健健康康!........................................