Tuesday, 23 November 2010
hope you are all doing good and standing up to the challenges ... ask the Lord for strength always.. he always delivers..
I was having a chat with one of my flat mates, and I was real sad for him.. I won't call him a close friend, we do have the regular banter here and there, that's all basically, so I was somewhat surprised when he just started saying why he'll never believe any pastor, and how if anyone invited him to church, he could go as far as slapping the fellow. The anger stems form the fact that his Dad was ill and the "pastor" of the place the worshipped kept saying "i am the Lord ..bla bla bla.. i have healed you ...bla bla.." he was still a kid then, but I guess the adults in the family were not wise enough to seek proper help for medical practitioners, so his Dad passed.
It's a pain I can imagine will never go away, because he will always think to himself, it could have been averted.
then he went on to say how his Dad gave money and property to the ministry then.
I wasn't at a loss for words, I thought I just had to say what's important for him at this stage.
I couldn't start questioning why they didn't seek medical help. #toolate
I basically just reminded him that, the reason why the call something fake is because there is a real, so I told him to not let his experience stop him from seeking God, not so "in-your-face", because, where he's at now, he'll need to heal before understanding.
I really felt bad for him, and I'm just thinking that day might have been the anniversary or something.
While I was thinking, I just couldn't help but think that Gods mercy is truly beyond what we can fathom.
A lot of people take His name for granted, and use His name to scam other people and yet He allows people time to make amends.
We regular people who don't claim to be sent by God, do "funny things" over and over, and yet He allows us time to change.
I always think to myself that as a Dad, how many times will I correct my child over a mis-deed before losing it.
His steadfast love doesn't end.
His mercies never come to an end.
They are new every morning.
afterthought: If I had mercy on an offender today and beat the living day-light out of him the next time he offends me.. I'm not sure anyone will remember me as merciful. :)
Of-course we know time will run out one day and all that, but I think by then, everyone would have had 1000 chances to change.
share your thoughts..
Sunday, 10 October 2010
good, not pleasant all the time but good all thesame ..
sacrifice, I have found is a huge chunk of life and living,
mothers, good mothers I feel are in the best position to explain this..
there's some happiness that infiltrates the heart by virtue of a sacrificial deed..
what am I saying..
I'll do what I have to do..
the deed that fills me with peace even though it leaves me vulnerable ..
that's how I'll live my life to the fullest
so when time ends, I'll be having no regrets..
what's a little pain now compared to the pain of un-utilised opportunities.
opportunities to love, and maybe be loved back
opportunities to impact one life positively ..
Monday, 30 August 2010
i like to think to myself that my story has not been so dramatic to earn me any "drama king" nominations .. and i am right, a nomination will be very far-fetched..
its interesting cos i see myself changing, right before my own eyes..
it's interesting to know that it entirely up to me, what kind of man i am/become..
as much as i have my own free will i know i need to submit to my makers will..
that's the only way i can become the best man He made me to be..
a lot of times this wave hits me.. like.. you are not just another experiment..
not the "hey, go on son, lets see what you make out of life" experiment..
it tugs on my heart,, and i'm like what's next.. what's next .? #findingpurpose
i smile sometimes.. and at other times.. the showers take over..
maybe i put some un-needed pressure on my self.. but hey, last i checked, constitutions allowed that..
however it goes, i know the story will be nothing short of beautiful
i'll let love guide my heart..
i'll let wisdom order my steps..
and i won't stop believing..
i think this is a #random,
peace n love..
Sunday, 27 June 2010
An Atheist Professor of Philosophy was speaking to his Class on the problem Science has with GOD, the ALMIGHTY. He asked one of his new Christian students to stand
- Professor : You are a Christian, aren't you, son?
- Student : Yes, sir.
- Professor : So, you believe in GOD?
- Student : Absolutely, sir.
- Professor : Is GOD good?
- Student : Sure.
- Professor : Is GOD ALL - POWERFUL?
- Student : Yes.
- Professor : My Brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn't. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?
- (Student was silent)
- Professor : You can't answer, can you? Let's start again, young fella. Is GOD Good?
- Student : Yes.
- Professor : Is Satan good?
- Student : No.
- Professor : Where does Satan come from?
- Student : From...GOD...
- Professor : That's right. Tell me son, is there evil in this World?
- Student : Yes.
- Professor : Evil is everywhere, isn't it? And GOD did make everything. Correct?
- Student : Yes.
- Professor : So who created evil?
- (Student did not answer)
- Professor : Is there Sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the World, don't they?
- Student : Yes, sir.
- Professor : So, who created them?
- (Student had no answer)
- Professor : Science says you have 5 Senses you use to Identify and Observe The World around you. Tell me, son...have you ever feen GOD?
- Student : No, sir.
- Professor : Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?
- Student : No, sir.
- Professor : Have you ever Felt your GOD, Tasted your GOD, Smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any Sensory Perception of GOD for that matter?
- Student : No, sir. I'm afraid I haven't.
- Professor : Yet you still believe in HIM?
- Student : Yes.
- Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?
- Student : Nothing. I only have my Faith.
- Professor : Yes, Faith. And that is the problem Science has.
- Student : Professor, is there such a thing as Heat?
- Professor : Yes.
- Student : And is there such a thing as Cold?
- Professor : Yes.
- Student : No, sir. There isn't...
- (The Lecture Theatre became very quiet with this turn of events)
- Student : Sir, you can have Lots of Heat, even More Heat, Superheat,
- Mega Heat, White Heat, a Little Heat or No Heat. But we don't have anything called Cold. We can hit 458 Degrees below Zero
- Which is No Heat, but we can't go any further after that.
- There is no such thing as Cold.
- Cold is only a Word we use to describe the Absence of Heat.
- We cannot Measure Cold.
- Heat is Energy.
- Cold is Not the Opposite of Heat, sir, just the Absence of it.
- (There was pin-drop dilence in the Lecture Theatre)
- Student : What about Darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as
- Professor : Yes. What is Night if there isn't Darkness?
- Student : You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is the Absence of
- You can have Low Light, Normal Light, Bright Light, Flashing Light...
- But if you have No Light constantly, you have nothing and its
- Called Darkness, isn't it? In reality, Darkness isn't. If it is,
- You would be able to make Darkness Darker, wouldn't you?
- Professor : So what is the point you are making, young man?
- Student : Sir, my point is, your Philosophical Premise is flawed.
- Professor : Flawed? Can you explain how?
- Student : Sir, you are working on the Premise of Duality. You argue
- There is Life and then there is Death, a Good GOD and a Bad GOD. You are
- Viewing the Concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure.
- Sir, Science can't even explain a Thought. It uses Electricity and
- Magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one.
- To view Death as the Opposite of Life is to be ignorant of the fact that
- Death cannot exist as a Substantive Thing.
- Death is Not the Opposite of Life, just the Absence of it
- Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your Students that they evolved from
- a Monkey?
- Professor : If you are referring to the Natural Evolutionary Process,
- yes, of course, I do.
- Student : Have you ever observed Evolution with your own eyes, sir?
- (The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the
- argument was going)
- Student : Since no one has ever observed the Process of Evolution at
- work and Cannot even prove that this Process is an On-Going Endeavor,
- Are you not teaching your Opinion, sir?
- Are you not a Scientist but a Preacher?
- (The Class was in uproar)
- Student : Is there anyone in the Class who has ever seen the
- Professor's brain?
- (The Class broke out into laughter)
- Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's
- brain, felt it, touched or smelt it?...
- No one appears to have done so.
- So, according to the Established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable
- Protocol, Science says that you have No Brain, sir. With all due respect,
- sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?
- (The Room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face
- Professor : I guess you'll have to take them on Faith, son.
- Student : That is it sir...Exactly!
- The Link between Man & GOD is FAITH.
- That is all that Keeps Things Alive and Moving.
- That student was ALBERT EINSTEIN.
source : http://theyounglioness.tumblr.com/
Friday, 11 June 2010
Can two walk together except they agree..? one popular rhetoric .. I feel like arguing that the answer is yes . . I have the feeling I’m not alone.. maybe you know number of people.. who act like the answer is yes..I don’t know what they believe.. but when I find people acting yes.. I want to believe that they have also agreed with the person inside them that the answer is yes..
O.k so two are walking together, this lady who is very resourceful is in a union with a guy who is not resourceful in any way and is not willing to be..if the lady is reasonable.. its only logical to think that even though they are walking together now…the walk is a doomed expedition....this lady knows that God is her ultimate source of energy, wisdom and resources therefore her relationship with God is of a great importance to her and it shows in her character, so lets say she walks with a Man who doesn’t see a relationship with God as something that should be prioritized..and no, he’s not an agnostic in any way. They could definitely live together for some time and realize they are not working out..because their decisions will not rhyme a good number of times.. or they could even live with each other like that for years, but one of them at least will know that they are not getting the best from the relationship, now it becomes a fight between her happiness and her “married” status..could be a tough one.. and I don’t see the point of any relationship..that’s depriving either of the parties their happiness..
O.K so now I’ll answer the question again..Can two walk together, except they agree .. I’ll YES, but what is the point of walking with someone who always slows you down and reduces your altitude .lol .Its a robust “No” people, if we want to value our lives and make the best of it. No abeg.
So when proverbs talks about this woman and the way she runs her life and that of her family.. I feel its just apropos to talk about the man beside this woman..
I saw something interesting, I never knew it was there, I always thought the the whole of pro31 was talking about the woman.., then I asked myself.. havnt I read this chapter before.. cos If I read and forgot I’ll know.. but here It was like it had just been included..o.k well.. It was talking about ..whispers** alcohol…..i guess we can take some as long as we don’t get drunk.. maybe we should read what it says..
The words of King Lemuel, the strong advice his mother gave him:
"Oh, son of mine, what can you be thinking of!
Child whom I bore! The son I dedicated to God!
Don't dissipate your virility on fortune-hunting women,
promiscuous women who shipwreck leaders.
"Leaders can't afford to make fools of themselves,
gulping wine and swilling beer,
Lest, hung over, they don't know right from wrong,
and the people who depend on them are hurt.
Use wine and beer only as sedatives,
to kill the pain and dull the ache
Of the terminally ill,
for whom life is a living death.
"Speak up for the people who have no voice,
for the rights of all the down-and-outers.
Speak out for justice!
Stand up for the poor and destitute!" Proverbs 31: 1 – 9
then look at verse 23 veeeerry briefly .. ;)
Her husband is well known at the city gates,
where he sits with the other civic leaders. Proverbs 31:23
These are what a King says his mother told him, and we all know how we’ll listen to a Bill Gates, President Obama when they say , whispers** let me tell you how to get to the top.
So lets say the pro31 woman has been a good student of God’s word, which then makes her a wise person and kind as well (v 26) , Lets say she has a good attitude and doesn’t grumble (v 25), lets say she knows how much she’z been blessed with skills and abilities and she does her best to maximize them (vv 13, 1-18, 24) , lets say she knows that God is her source of everything, and this makes her confident which makes her family to also trust her because they know she has thier best interest in mind (vv 15- 11).
Lets say she’z all that.. I find it hard to imagine that a man who doesn’t value this qualities will be able to stay by her through their lives. Clearly he man in verse 28 values her quite well. Hmm so maybe there’s a certain kind of man that’s supposed to be beside the famous virtuous woman, not maybe, certainly, for to have any kind of man alongside her would be her trading her happiness in life for that man.
Life is all about giving, and if this woman with all her worth (v10) decides to be with a man. I think its just reasonable for the man to respect and value her by being the kind of man she can and always respects.
Monday, 31 May 2010
hi peoplez,,i have been informed that some of us don’t know were the comment link is,
so i thought i’ll tell us all..its the number beside the title of the post.. but if you open a single post and not the whole blog
it’ll be at the bottom of the page ..thanks for finding it..
Thursday, 20 May 2010
When individuals accept Jesus as their Lord. Then Gods will will be carried out in their lives ( i know we have some unpleasant experiences, we’ll talk about that in some other post :-) ) But if God was running things and pushing His will of on people, since He doesn’t wish that any should perish, He would make everybody get saved today and we would go into the Millennium tomorrow.
As I examined God’s word for the “why” behind John Wesley’s statement, I saw a truth I had never seen before.
But it’s all in the book of beginnings – Genesis. Maybe we have read so many times we don’t pay attention to the details.
I saw that God made the world and the fullness thereof. He made His man, Adam.
Then He said “Adam, I give you dominion over all the work of My hands.” ( Genesis 1:26,27 ; Psalm 8:6 )
God didn’t say “ I am going to dominate through you.”
He said, “I give you dominion over all the work of My hands.”
Therefore Adam had dominion upon this earth and in this world. He was to some extent, god of this world.
But Satan came and lied to Adam. Adam committed high treason and sold out to Satan. Then Satan took over Adams position.
2 Corinthians 4:4 calls Satan “the god of this world.”
As such he has dominion. Where? In this world. And he will have the dominion until Adam’s lease runs out.
God cannot justly move in and take away that dominion from the devil. The devil has legal right because he has Adams lease. And God will only intervene in situations He is invited into.
On bad things happening to good people..we never see peoples hearts. So sometimes people are not as good as we see. God looks at the heart , the heart , the heart, he sees what people can’t see. Sometimes these things happen because God actually wants to draw people closer to Him( more in the next post).
Also, sometimes we are quick to call experiences bad, when the story is not over. Remember the dude that was born blind ? (John chapter 9)That’s looks like capital b –a –d, right. But Jesus said, it was that God glory might be seen. The bible says everything will work out for our good as God’s own, so when somethings happen we should note that, that’s just a thing or maybe even two things..maybe three.. but at the end allll things..will be for our good.
I don’t think I know it all..,and only God knows the answer to all the whys ? But if we’ll just do our part and live by His word..we’ll be cool.
Some parts were taken from the art of prayer – Kenneth E. Hagin.
Tuesday, 11 May 2010
I began to examine the bible to find out why, if god wants to do something for humanity. He cannot except somebody asks him. I found the answer through the study of God’s word.
You see, though some people have built up “spiritual air castles” that God is running everything in this world, He is not.
During the Vietnam war a nationally syndicated newspaper columnist began one column by stating that he was not a Christian. He said he was not an atheist because the atheist says there is no God.
“I suppose you would classify me as agnostic.” he wrote. “The agnostic says there maybe a God, but if there is, I don’t know it.
Actually, I am prone to believe there is a supreme Being. I do not believe that everything here just happened. I believe there is a creator somewhere.
“But I have never read the Bible. i do not attend church. One reason I don’t is that what the Christians say about God doesn’t agree with what I think a Creator should be, nor with with what I can see of Him in nature.
Even the ministers say . ‘God has everything under control. He’s running everything.’
“Well, if He is, He sure has things in a mess. People are killing each other. Little children are dying. Little children are hungry. Women are suffering. There are wars everywhere.
If God has everything under control, do you mean God is running those wars?”
Even an unregenerate columnist knew that wasn’t right.
God is not ruling this world. He is not ruling on the earth.
Thank God, He will one day !
But right now His will is not being carried out on the earth, except in the lives of those who surrender to Him.
That is easy to see if you will accept what the Bible says. The Bible says that God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance ( 2 Peter 3:9. It is obvious that His will concerning the salvation of all men is not being carried out.
……. to be continued
Tuesday, 4 May 2010
Shout out to reverence who tagged me unto this..
1. I like food. Simple as that.
2. I like music…I enjoy different forms of it at different times.
3. I like soccer,, playing and watching ..but it’s been a while I played.. but I guess once a player ..always a player comes in handy here..
I can’t believe I’m finding it hard to find 10 things I like.
4. I like travelling ..not the journey itself…but the destination part..
5. I like photography really really well, working on my skills in that aspect.
6. I like laughing..haven’t been doing a lot of that recently though.
7. I like putting a smile on people’s faces...
8. I like hair..and the fact that my hair is thinning is not particularly putting a smile on my face..no worries sha..
9. I like simple things..the simple things in life like the smile of a child.., tears of joy.
10. I like gadgets..annoying how there’s just few months in between every improved device and the next improved one..
Can I add one more..?
11. I like shoes..not necessarily guy shoes ;)
thanks bloggers for everything you’ve been good people and i must say i appreciate you all.
Remain blessed .
Wednesday, 24 March 2010
o.k people..how have we been..? I’m thankful to God that I can think with my brain..that I sld write a post..that I can actually put this thing on my laps and start typing while reading what I’m typing..
ok. The issue of application questions ..is just some little something in my head..digression..i’m smiling…love is a beautiful thing…and as much as I’ll want to point the finger at someone..theres no one to accuse yet..the ..concept of love is what I’m smiling at.. or lemme just point the finger at God ..he started this love ish..
o.k soo.. I’ve been in school now for a while..it feels good.i tell you..its not all fun but I think I’m enjoying it..i have become a lil lazy to school runz..the undergrad zeal..is not something you can buy..i tell you..and part of my laziness is the unlikeness for definitions..define this and that..how many will I know..and I have discovered what I can call my strength which I call application problems..maybe there’s a more technical term for it..but this just refers to applying our concept/ theory/ method to any given problem at all..and getting it sorted out..i mean no matter how headless and mumbled up the problem seems..i can apply what I have been taught to it and get a reasonable looking solution ..
o.k well so I was thinking as well of how my bible being the text book and the holy spirit being my teacher..how the issues are life’s challenges..you see..it looks interesting when with my undergrad zeal..i can read the bible and go to
class church..and memorize verses and do all that… but doing all the do-able stress and not being able to apply the lessons when the need arises is pointless , to me..i have fumbled a lot at applying what I learn and memorize..but I have not been on a spot..but then..these application questions life presents to us can be really something sometimes..not making up an excuse at all..but if there’s someone reading this,..and you’ve been tempted to think..maybe the bible doesn’t really apply to the real world.. just want you to know..that… that thought itself..is an application question…
Hebews 10:23 says
“Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise.”
..one thing I’m constantly “scared” of is not doing what I know or looking for a short cut when I encounter some situations…
The application lifestyle is one that strives to apply every memorized verse of the bible..when the need arises..one that prays and lets go of all doubts..and fears..one that loves with the same kind of love God loves us with…..if we don’t apply all we learn and hear…every other thing we do..are just going to be religious activity..this,I am also always wary of. God has given us his word and holy spirit to help us find our way through life by finding his will for us and walking in it...
Take a look at James 1:22
“But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.”
Ask the holy spirit to lead you always…(and you must always follow his leading),tell him its God’s will you want to do when you are in “interesting” circumstances..trust Him and you can’t be disappointed.
Saturday, 20 February 2010
i’ll tell you a story….
it’s a story of victory…
it’s a story with a happily ever after ending…
it’s not my story alone.. no
it’s your story and my story….
we messed up ,God loved us …and He loved us to death..
the winding turns in the plot line encourage us to quit the path we have chosen..
some days don’t feel like this story is going anywhere at all…
but we fight to stay alive...
we fight to get to the finish line…
cos somehow…we know that we know that we cant fail..
as long as we don’t throw in the towel..
it’s funny cos , sometimes we feel like we can practically hold our victory in our hands..
and some other times it feels like nothing more than a theory of a long-gone scientist..
John 16:32-33 says
“But take notice, the hour is coming, and it has arrived, when you will all be dispersed and scattered, every man to his own home, leaving Me alone. Yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.
I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]” – amplified version.
1 John 5:4-5
For whatever is born of God is victorious over the world; and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith. Who is it that is victorious over [that conquers] the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on that fact] - amplified version
sounds so elementary but ..all we have to do is believe and keep believing… and we’ll always have our victory.
our victory is already there, waiting to be claimed. failing to claim it, doesn’t erase it. it only means we are living without it…and that’s not the lot of any believer.
we belong to family that’s victorious… if you believe it today, then believe it tomorrow and don’t ever stop believing it.
God bless you .. x
Tuesday, 26 January 2010
Thursday, 7 January 2010
yes father.. i just want to thank-you for the many blessings you give me..
i pause to try and find the exact words that will convey the gratitude in my heart..
for your guidiance..even when i didnt follow sometimes.
for provision..you are faithful is all i can mutter..you are good..
for protection..i cant remember all the places i’ve been, you’ve kept me still..
i cant remember how many times i have slept..all i know is i wake up healthy and sane ..
for my family..how you’ve continued to relate with everyone based on your loving kindness and tender mercies..
for real people..you have surrounded me with..lord i thank you for these relaionships
for victory that i always experience..its cos of your one victory over the devil…
you continue to fight my battles ..countless number of times..
lord.. you have been mighty gracious to me..
i just want to say lord thank you , i’m grateful.. na gode..mo dupe ..imela.,merci
thank you lord..