Monday, 26 October 2009

testy situations…

tests are different from temptation…

tests are meant to prove one, to see if they can move from one level to another…temptations deal with soliciting someone to do evil…./enticing someone to do evil.

Just like tests and exams we deal with in school are not really what we look forward to..cos they are not all that pleasant..i never looked forward to exams in school..i hope that changes in future.. J.. in the same way..i think life tests are not all that pleasant… and before I go too far I would like to add that not everybody in life has to undergo this tests I’m talking about..these tests are the ones we pass with faith, patience, love and steadfastness…

You know very well that the sellers in the kiosks that we buy stuff from at lunch time.. don’t sit to take tests with us in class…this is because they have not decided to go through the “school” we were enrolled in …so also ..if someone has not decided to live his life the same way I have decided to live mine..we will never and ever sit for the same life tests..cos we didn’t enroll in the same “school”..

…for instance...this sounds simple but..if the kind of life I have decided to live ..does not allow me to harbor a grudge in my mind/allow me to revenge when offended.. so when I am faced with this kind of situation..and I decide I won’t answer the question/situation by what my teacher has taught me..which is to walk in love, say my mind to the offending party and forgive,…then..i get an automatic 0/100…this simply means..i will need to take that test again..because it’s part of moving forward/higher..as a christian..we need to grow up and mature in our walk with God.. cos anything that does not grow dies..anything that’s stagnant..losses every form of essence its supposed to have..

..there are a million and one situations that confront us daily..you can fill in the blanks....and I think It would have been sweeter or easier..if these kind of tests are pre announced..but unlike in school..life tests are not pre-announced…i know we’ve been and we go through various situations, but if you have chosen to live your life by Gods word..then you need to remain faithful..knowing that the God is faithful..and won’t let any situation that’s going to finish you land at your doorstep…

If you believe God is good you know He is not the type of teacher that would bring questions meant for M.Sc students to you who is still in level 3 of B.Sc..

..now john 15 is coming to mind.. 1I AM the True Vine, and My Father is the Vinedresser.

2Any branch in Me that does not bear fruit [that stops bearing] He cuts away (trims off, takes away); and He cleanses and repeatedly prunes every branch that continues to bear fruit, to make it bear more and richer and more excellent fruit.

3You are cleansed and pruned already, because of the word which I have given you [the teachings I have discussed with you].

4Dwell in Me, and I will dwell in you. [Live in Me, and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me.

5I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing.  pls read the rest here

O.k peoplez..did i talk too much..? :) ..have a great week

24 comments:

Rita said...

So true and profound. I like the analogy about the sellers in the kiosk

Harry-Rami Itie said...

Well said

Myne Whitman said...

i will need to take that test again..because it’s part of moving forward/higher..as a christian..we need to grow up and mature in our walk with God..

I just loved that bit. God will help us answer our tests right if we depend on him. Great piece.

Favoured Girl said...

Nope you didn't talk too much, this post is on point! I know what you mean about taking tests, God sends little situations to keep testing my character and the way I respond shows me if I am actually becoming more like Christ everyday...

Telekinesys said...

On point.

Dee! said...

Why would you ever think you talked too much? This is a well written post.

I do not want to have a score card of 0/100. So, I will continue to ensure that I follow the teachings of my "teacher" and "walk in love, say my mind to the offending party and forgive, ..."

Remi, United Kingdom said...

On point... ! Yes God will help us do our tests... He has already given us the answers... if we look closely and listen that more attentively and have a bit more patience to unravel how to implement the answers through understanding, getting top scores is not an option.
Beenma minute oh, how are you doing bros?

BSNC said...

You talk sense, complete sense...

nice post.

Manda said...

u said a whole lot but made a whole lotta sense. so wat kinda test abi exams do u write?

Enkay said...

True. Different people are confronted by different challenges based on the kind of lives we choose to live.

I have chosen to live by God's standards so I'll be sure to pass my tests by following his instructions.

Nice one!

Writefreak said...

God sure helps us take our tests (if we let Him)...and no you didn't talk too much!

Tricia said...

On point! Thats of my favourite verses

Cherylg said...

Hey Simeone! I am sooo thankful for a father who NEVER gives up on us when we fail those tests. He is great and greatly to be praised!!!

cg 8:)+<}=B

simeone said...

thanx rita...

harryyyy..hope you cool.? thanx..

yes o,,myne..we have sufficient grace from Him..

true.. FG..thats the goal as long as we are here..to become more like Christ.everyday..

@telekynesis..thank you sir..

:) dee o..His grace is sufficient for us all...to do everything..

sistah...i'm good o..
listening and being more patient..will always help us to walk with God better..thanx..

thankx BSNC..howz our birthday countdown coming.. :)

ah ..manda..i write a whole lot,,and God dey help me .. :)

yes o enkay...we are safe wen we follow his instructions....

true writefreak..we need to let Him..

?@ tricia...seriously..? that cool :)

yeah,,cherylg..His steadfast love ..just blows my mind..

thanks everyone for coming..really really appreciate..muah ..

sunnyside said...

interesting

Omotee! said...

hmmmmmm, i will do the test again. this is just right at the moment, thank u.

sorry i havent been here in a while, always glad i did everytime i stop by.

see ya

aloted said...

WORD!!!!!!

Loved reading this..

and I am back o..teehee

Original Mgbeke said...

Nope, you did not talk too much. We are always tested. Great post. :-)

chichi said...

just checking in. how are u?

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

hmmm...nice post. Thanks so much for sharing.

Hope all is well and that you will update soon.

simeone said...

sunnyside..hope u found it edifying too .. ? :)

ah omotee..you need no apologise,,hope you cool..glad you are blessed..

yes o,.you are very welcome back ..blogville's one and only aloted.. :)

mgbeks came here ..jumping up lol... o.k lemme be serious. hope u learnt something..?

hmm chichi..thanks and thanks i'm goody goody.. :)

yes o SSD..all is well..just had alot to sort out..thanks alot..
yes o

once again...thanks everyone..for you comments..appreciate plenty..

Remi, United Kingdom said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR OH simeone where you dey? I will send SOS, SKY NEWS AND CNN TO COME AND FIND YOU OH... LOL..
I pray you have an awesome year filled with tremendous favour from Baba Himself.. much luv x

better blog or write soon oh.. CNN on stand by :-) x

naija mom abroad said...

I love the way you explained the test thing. Very insightful. It's true that God doesn't give you tests that He hasn't given you the grace to pass.

Thanks for sharing, and also thanks for visiting my blog.

prashant said...

I just loved that bit. God will help us answer our tests right if we depend on him. Great piece
data entry work from home