Thursday, 10 September 2009

mandatory lip job

If its not written ..then its not real…imagine the top guy in the corporation ..saying..if you can get this and that done by the middle of this year ..you’ll are getting a 35% pay rise…..if it wasn’t put down with attesting signatories..then if you do your part and time comes for him to do his/hers and CEO reneges, you know there’s nothing you can do, it’s a dead end...so even though, it might not be a the case 100% of the time, the written word is reliable, and it gives us an assurance

so my lip job thingie…was a mandatory one.. i noticed something like a pimple below my lower lip, the little point you cant see if I’m standing directly in front of you..o.k so it itched a lil and I scratched – i think ..and then by the next day it began to swell kinda..i knew it was a boil cos I had a number of them when I was little..but I was expecting the whole thing to swell outwards..not so, the funny thing decided it was goin to swell inwards..thats I got a swollen lower lip o..it wasn’t funny o..its was bout 3 times the normal size..i was in a hotel at the time..working in another state so I just stayed indoors..kept doing sms back and forth with my uncle who is a doctor…cos I couldn’t talk well…so he told me what to use..walked out to a pharmacy bought it and stayed indoors for the next two days..in between all these I was searching my heart..asking God whats up and declearing scriptures at the same time….(you don’t want to know all what went thru my mind..) lol…my lips..oh my lips..i now knew their worth more than ever… what if it doesn’t rupture, like he says it will, what if its not really a boil boil.. don’t worry, at worst you’ll go to Israel or india to get the lousy lump out…will ma lips ever look normal again…oh..my whole face might never be as fine..who did I offend, God..? ---all little whispers in ma head..

I wanted to see a doctor..by all means. it was a first time to the state..so I had to make sure I got a good one, made my contacts by sms mostly and ended up in-front of this female doc..she said it started as a pimple and maybe I irritated it and all that jazz …told her how I couldn’t laugh well and all that….she said it would go down, she said its good, that I’ll let the ladies rest,,I smiled and thot for a moment..why did she have to go there….but having my lovely lips back occupied all my thoughts…by the fourth day I peeled off a large scale of dead skin off my lower lip like a snake shedding its wareva ..then came the fresh one beneath..had to peel off another layer 2 days after that ( it was so ewwwy) …by now the size was about 60% of the abnormal size…i was happy..

Then it became really clear to me that..all I was looking for all along was just the assurance from someone believable..that all will be fine.. cos after i left the doc, i was more relaxed than i had been..in the last couple of dayz

Its totally natural..to want to have that assurance from God or other humans..when we are doing stuff together..thats why even God when he called Abram ..said I swear, I will bless you (hebrews 6: 13- 20) , cos along the line it might look like I have abandoned you…and that was exactly what I felt like..in between those 4 days..psalm 103:1 – 5, emphasis on 3,4 was one of the scriptures I continually meditated on…

..many times, we just want ti hear God say, “I swear you’ll be fine”…theres nothing like that assurance from someone..for those of us who are married you know what that assurance can make you feel like - it gives some real confidence.…its the assurance that a baby has, that his mum wont drop him on the hard floor from a 5 feet height…we need to trust God like babies …

We go thru stuff..and all we really want to know is that we’ll come out on top at the end…the scene looks so bad and all set for you to be the scapegoat…but God says I’m with you, even till the end of time….

…….And God has given us hundreds of assurances and promises in His word…but they don’t start to work for us ‘cos they are there ..we have to take them, believe and confess them..

ma two lips are fine now..fresh as ever..

23 comments:

Reverence said...

lol at my face will not be as fine. as if!

Reverence said...

oh wait i am first??? wohooo!!

justdoyin said...

I'm so glad u got ur lips back all good...lol...sorry u had to go thru such an ordeal...lol.

Remi, United Kingdom said...

funny analogy.... glad ur lips are okay oh.
But yes we must trust God like babies.... He is faithful...

How u doing? It's been but a minute.. I need more than 24 hours in a day oooooooooh lol

Much Love

NoLimit said...

Thanks for this...and glad you got your "lovely" lips back!!!

Dee! said...

Glad the "lip job" went well.

jhazmyn said...

Feeling the part of needing words of assurance that everything would be ok, i guess we all need that at some point in life.

Real glad wit u for ur lips though...lol at ur vanity :-)

jhazmyn said...

Feeling the part of needing words of assurance that everything would be ok, i guess we all need that at some point in life.

Real glad wit u for ur lips though...lol at ur vanity :-)

Lady A said...

Lol, I know the feeling, but it was an abcyst for me. So true, God's word is water and healing for us. Glad all is well now, bless your heart!
Continue to trust God.

Rita said...

This message is truly a blessing

naijagirl said...

Simeone, this is a beautiful piece. Its well crafted and I like it. I am glad your lips are back to their nml size. I am glad you used that opportunity to appreciate your lips--see, who would have thot?

True to your words, we are always looking for someone to validate us or assure us that everything is going to be ok. If only we know God can do that...Good write up. Me likey.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

so well written...

Thanks for sharing this and I am glad your 'lips' are just fine.

simeone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
simeone said...

@ reverence..yes u are first..
and what was that u said bout ma face..? :)..thanks for stoppin by..

@ justdoyin..it was really an ordeal..i'm really grateful to god for seein me thru..
and thanks so much for stoppin by..

@ remi, uk..ah thanks oo..i couldnt let the story go like that..i'm good o..i thot i was the only one that has been thinkin about additional hours....
thanks alot for comin ..

@nolimit..you are reli welcome..and many thanks for comin..

@ dee..thanks alot ..and thanks for comin..

@ jhazmyn..yeah..those words can mean alot o..hop you cool..thanks alot..reli appreciate..

@ lady a..ah ..it wasnt easy o..thank God is all gone now..
thank you so much for comin..

@ rita..thanks alot..and thanks for comin too..

@ naijagirl..exactly..who would hav thot...:)
thanks so much for ur comment..reli appreciate..

..you are very welcome ssd..reli appreciate your comin too....thanks..

Geebee said...

Man, so sorry about the 'lip wahala'. The thought of it makes me laugh though. I once suffered thesame fate and for once i thought i'd never kiss again. lol. True. We have no need to worry so long as God's assurances are there. When we don't believe, we practically mock God. His joy is largely dependent on our faith and trust in him.

aloted said...

totally loved this post :)

good to hear your lip is fine now....

won fe ba fine boy je...God forbid!!!

simeone said...

..ah geebee...the kiss thought also crossed my mind o..thats part of why i even took the marra seriously...thank God now sha..
reli appreciate bro..

hmm my dearest sistah aloted..miss u plenty..hope are doing great..?
hmm ..God forbid o...in a million ways :) ..thanks for coming o..
and hope to read from you soon...

sunnyside said...

Its like u entered my mind and grabbed this assurance thing. . Im alway like God if only u can just say it will be ok then am fine. I know its in d bible n all that but sometimes, huh. . . Long story. Glad u have ur lip back.

Afronuts said...

Father have mercy!

I dont envy u bro. SWollen lips? UUgh...I wouldnt want anything near that, I guess thats why I ended up being a hygiene freak

Thank God u got ur lips back.

simeone said...

ah..sunnyside..i'm glad the post ministered to you...we just must keep believing..cos theres no hope somewhere else..
thanks alot o..

afronuts baba..na real mercy o..this one made sure it disturbed my laffin and eating..despite my own clean-freaking ...lol..
i happy its in the past tho...thnaks so much for coming..greetings to baby afronuts..who must be in primary 2 now :)

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

just checking in. Hope all is well...

chichi said...

this post is simply beautiful, ***** 5 stars.
God bless u dear.

simeone said...

hi ssd..i'm good o..thanks aplenty..

chichi..good to see you here again o..thanks you so much..amen o