Monday, 2 March 2009

last words..? not yet


I wanna write don’t know exactly what I wanna write…there’s a lot of bits and pieces here and there….well , the other day I was thinking…what would I love my last post to be about..emotional me, I know …no I’m not that I’m planning to leave blogville , nah..i was just wondering.., there’s definitely going to be a last time we all do stuff.. a last time you eat, the last time I sing, the last time you drive, the last time I make a call, the last time you laugh and you can fill in the blanks ..that’s why I thought if there’s is a last time I do a blog post..would I know it? what if I knew it? what would I write about?..what would I tell all those that I pray for and think about almost every day since I started blogging? those I have fallen in love with, those that have let me be a part of their worlds one way or the other, what will I say to those that never left a comment or responded to one when I left it on their blog..to those that have made me laugh when I didn’t feel like, those that encouraged me when I thought there was nothing good about me….what would I say ?.. well, I would tell them all ?, I’ve got nothing but love for all of them I would thank them for their comments I would thank them for sharing their time with me, their thoughts and opinions, for their prayers I would thank them for tolerating me the times I was insensitive and not really appreciative of them, I would apologise to my ex all over again not pointing any fingers this time around, then I would tell them not to forget what’s important in life and more importantly not to forget that there is still a life after life and that as much as they enjoy life they shouldn’t forget that that life was given to them as a gift, and one thing we do usually is appreciate the giver of the gift. Okay, remember when you got a gift that you didn’t really like and you go “what is this?” in your heart, maybe you did a half-hearted thank-you very much to the giver so they won’t say you didn’t even appreciate it, like the shirts my dad used to buy for me, I just dumped them in the wardrobe,…. but there is this other gift you really appreciated, probably you were planning to get that stuff yourself before then…you do the thank-you and later when you are alone with the gift you keep appreciating the person and the gift..now think of life as a gift but with two added features that don’t come with other gifts…i) the giver sees all you do with the gift ii) the giver will ask for an account of how you used/spent the gift…need I expatiate on these two points…I’m not saying if you are not perfect..then buzz off, no! we all make mistakes, get disappointed, we all get our feathers ruffled, get taken advantage of..but what you want from life and what you want to do with your life is in your heart..nobody should try and deceive anybody, well, you can actually deceive the whole world, but then…everything is laid bare before the giver of life. get in tune with Him, get hooked on Jesus and get high loving Him. peace n luv..

42 comments:

Writefreak said...

hey Simeone, waxing all philosophical, aren't you??? lol

simeone said...

thats how i'm feeling..got no choice but to spill..
:-)

simeone said...

maybe i sld hav added a bible verse..so it doesn't sound that philosiphical

Nefertiti said...

abi Writefreak. I was reading going.. . "ah ahn, abi dis bobo know something we all don't ni?"

Simeone, I got my eye on you. You've been leaving comments on my blog for a while now, So I wanted to stop by and see what u're about. Sensitive guys huh? We'll see about that... lol

Beulah! said...

Niceblog Simeone & deep words too. I definetely & sincerely hope this is not ur last post oh here!

The poets voice ~~~ said...

Deep words...makes me think, re-think and think again.
I realli hope this is not your last post tho!

nyc blog.

Rita said...

Thank you for this reminder

I so appreciate my life, this gift that I didnt know the worth until recently...Thank God

THIRTY + said...

Food for thought...the giver will ask you to give account of what you have done with the gift.

Debbie said...

Hmm thought provoking.....
we need to start taking stock and live life like its our last.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

I had to read this twice. Very nicely put.

Hope all is well?

Kafo said...

i can see u with the fro and the scholarly spectacles rapping with Harvard profs. discussing the meaning of life

Buttercup said...

u made a whole lot of sense with this..got me thinking..

Enkay said...

Are you sure you are not saying goodbye? I just got here! lol!

simeone said...

nefertitiiii..lol..me sef got an eye on you eva since..*winks..
you are really funny..i dont know anything overspecial o..just the simple principles of life..thanks for coming o..we'll see huh..?

beulah..thanks..i'm still gonna be around for a long long tym..i hope..:-)

@ the poets voice..nahh..not ma last post..thanks alot..

@ rita..i still think that we all dont know the entire worth of the life we have...thanks and you are welcome..

@ thirty+..thats for sure..

@ debbie..true words

@ ssd..all is mighty well o..thanks..

kafo...you are almost blowin me away..nice rap line u got there..thanx

buttercup..the post is meant to inspire change where needed..glad u enjoyed it..

enkay..i ain't saying no goodbye o...;-)

Jaycee said...

Deep thoughts...kind of relieved you're not leaving. I appreciate the gift of the Giver.

Shubby Doo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shubby Doo said...

one should live everyday like the last...sing, laugh, dance like the last...that way your every action will bring you joy and joy brings you closer to GOD. Stay bless sweetie

Telekinesys said...

Deep, thought provoking.

Geebee said...

Wao, that was one helluva touching post. Man, you really do aim at the heart now, don't you? Goodbye is indeed the hardest and saddest word and even when we have to, it's usually so hard to say goodbye. . . Reminds me of the likes of Obinwanne and Naijafineboy (bloggers I used to read even before I joined blogville). Saying goodbye was pretty hard for them and for a long time, I believed they'd show up one day. . . Again, what if one never even gets the chance to write that final post . . . probably due to an impromptu or unplanned exit. . . sends a chill down my spine. I guess it's worth it being the best we could be wherever we find ourselves just so we leave wonderful footprints in the hearts of those we may or may not say goodbye to. . . ther'd always be that last thing we do. It's the state in which we do it that defines our worth.

Omotee! said...

hmm, very philosophical.......

the last time i spoke to my late friend, it was nice but if i had know that was the last, i probably would have done things differently.........

last meal?! hmm, now thats a thot! i will never go to sleep with garri in my stomach again!

Believer said...

i just did the tag..after how long abi???i couldn't get 25 but i've done it. have a blessed week

simeone said...

jaycee..ehn..i cant even imagine leaving now o..
@ shubby doo..yes o, preach it..bless you.
@ telekinesys..i just had to spill it..
@ geebee…u added the lil missing details of ma post here..i feel you..
@ omotee..now ..that garri part is really funny

dearest believer..hav a great week too..cheers

Gee said...

deep talk o....
no jokes yo.
i like

Bibi said...

now you've gone and made me all emotional. very good and very true. we all have to say goodbye sometime. well better later than sonner i'll say.nice blog

simeone said...

thanks gee,..reli apprrciate...

hey bibi.. i'm glad you found it edifying, for the emotional...i'm not sori..:-)..thanks..

Tigeress said...

Deep. I like. :)

brownskinaijachic said...

hmmm this is really something. i just love the song on ur profile; "i ll surely stand with him on that day"

Enkay said...

So when are you going to update eh?! lol!

Kafo said...

update oooooooooooo
but take your time
don't rush it

i'm loving this playlist

Buttercup said...

hey! how u doing??

aloted said...

ehn hen some deep stuff..esp ur last sentence


i couldnt read everything cuz the words were blur in my eyes..abeg trying paragraphing next time..thanks ;-)

hope u good bruv?

simeone said...

guys or is it ladies ..i'm good o..thanks for the ....enkay, b'cup, kafo..
@ aloted /..i'm so sorry about that..guess u are also a glesses person like us...or maybe not..i'm good/.i was really wonderin cos u hav not been here for whiles..lol....

@ bsnc...thanks for coming..glad you picked stuff...

thanks again everybody...peace n luv

Geebee said...

Bros wetin dey? Now I’m beginning to wonder if this post meant what I thought it meant . . . LAST. Tell me ‘of course not’. Na wa oh. When u go update now? Waiting …………………………….

Lady A said...

Well said. Very nice. Continue to keep it coming.

~Sirius~ said...

The giver sees all you do with the gift- Yikes! I need to be doing more!

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Ah thanks for checking up on me. I am good oh.. Just been a tad busy completing a work assignment. Now it's all done.. let the writing commence :-)))
Hope you are good too...

But Bros, this post... deep oh


but yup, I don't we really and wholly know the whole ramifications of the gift of life - if we did, we would be blown away by its awesomeness :-)))
much love x

Jaycee said...

Update...muhaha!!!

Kémi Penélopê said...

I love this...especially,

"...Nobody should try and deceive anybody, well, you can actually deceive the whole world, but then...everything is laid bare before the giver of life. get in tune with Him, get hooked on Jesus and get high loving Him"

Dee! said...

My brother, how are you? Why haven't you updated? Abeg post another inspiring stuff for us jo!

doll said...

well said

Deedo said...

deep thinking...thanks for stopping by my blog

simeone said...

doll , dee , deedo , kemi p , lady A, geebee, jaycee, sirius and remi..thank you very plenty for your comments..reli appreciate..hope you are all doing good..hugz