Thursday, 1 January 2009

what's insanity..

I want some things to turn out differently this year and the good thing is that I have a measure of power to influence these things…and as a wise man once said .. “ the definition of insanity is to do the same things or do things same way and expect a different result” think about it..it actually sounds like a good definition…


Maybe there’s someone like me reading this; like me in the sense that I think I know somethings and don’t practice them…which can mean that I actually don’t know what I think I know…it has also been said that the amount of information/knowledge you have at your disposal is what makes you different from the fella next to you..where exactly am I going with all these…?
I think/ know that deep inside us …we all know what things we need to pay more attention to this year and some other things that don’t need all the energy we give to them and finally the things we even need to stop giving attention to..i’m not an advocate or fan of new year resolutions, but some how the inevitable urge to appraise the whole year gone by still catches up with me…
So I looked at the last year and its really obvious I need to get better at somethings..(lord help me)….but I am greatful for the lessons I had to learn in the past year..the process was not really pleasant but I can now say I’m a berra person..(thank you father)..
For the year ’09 I have notes of the major goals for the major areas of life that I must sort out and I’m confident that my Helper is ever present. { career wise, spiritually, financially and the relationships in my life –including the blogville ones..;-) }…
So what are you living for?..this is not a matter of ’09..this is a life question..its what you are living for that will determine how you live each year..somewhere ,somehow , there’s a fraudster planning on how to get better, a prostitute thinking of how to get better at her business and a pastor, writer, husband, politician all thinking and working towards getting better at what they do, so please don’t be left out.


so people, lets go on and live this life with gratitude 'cos its a gift .



have a fulfilling '09 of God's grace and new possibilities.... .muah





*** the answers to the previous post will be in my next post...***

17 comments:

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Firrrrrrrrrrrrst!
Happy New Year Simeone!!!!! We made it by God's grace!

True words you put up here! Father, please help me to be all you have told, shown me in dreams, visions, messages and all - that I should be. I am declare I am going to be a better me --- all with your help and by your grace.

Father Lord, I pray you hold us firmly (scolding us if necessary) wihtin the realms of your will, not just for 2009, but for LIFE; in so doing being a blessing to others, and making you famous as we go along our way.

Simeone, I wish you the all of God's wisdom and power Run, Rise and Reign, not just in 2009, but from now till its time! Amen...

Now lets start this year STROOOOONGGGG!!!! I'm excited! :-)

Believer said...

Happpy New Year Simeon....thank God for 2008, I am so expectant for greater things in 2008. Yes O in 2009, I reject that spirit of insanity. I will know differently, be different and thus do different. Simeon, this is your greatest day yet. Know your God, be strong and do exploits! Amen..

Sting said...

Happy new year my brother!

aloted said...

hmm this post got me thinking...

happy new year bro!!!!

chichi said...

happy new year.may God's love, mercy and grace be your unending song and testimony this 2009.

Kafo said...

happy new year oooooooooooooo

i remember the quote on insanity
i like what u did with it

may this year be better than last year ooooooooo

Afrobabe said...

lmao @ the prostitute planning to get better at her trade, reminds me of the joke about the prostitute that went to a doc to open another hole as business was booming...lmao..

happy new year..

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Funny you talk about insanity. It is a topic I have been researching for a post of mine. lol!

Happy New Year!

Dee! said...

Happy New Year! May the blessings of God continually abide with you now and always! Amen.

Jarrai said...

Happy new year!! We will conquer in 2009!!!!

gbengasile said...

That definition of insanity sounds quite convincing. May that never be our portion. Amen. I believe the new year's got a lot of things to offer and we need to tap into it in the best way we can. The time for sluggishness and laziness is over. 2009 has all the best prospects . . . for those who dare grab it. Hmmm, i feel like a prophet. Happy New Year bro!

Buttercup said...

happy new year simeone...may u achieve all u set out to do and much more this year, amen!

Reverence said...

Happy new year!

Writefreak said...

Happy new year simeone, sorry it's taken me a while to touch base

I agree with you, my pastor always says it, to do things the same way and expect a different result is madness!

May 2009 be our year of doing things differently and getting extraordinary results

How're you doing? Still expecting your holla

Debbie said...

Happy New Year!
May the Lord, bless you, keep you and cause his face to shine on you this year.

Peace

Jaycee said...

I'm late, but this post still does something to my spirit. This season...looks like we all have similar reflections.

Did I tell you happy new year yet?

simeone said...

thanks everyone for thy comments,,
so sorry i couldn't reply each message separately..
hope y'all are doing good..peace