Thursday, 29 January 2009

as random as it gets

wow....so my year has been wonderful so far…..not been all honeymoonie but I’m so thankful for the direction God has been giving me……I said it on someone’s blog and I’m gonna say it again..2008 just had to go the way it went for me to have the 2009 that I’ll be forever be grateful for..
…was in the barber shop and after the pleasantries the guy gets to business..well, I told him what I wanted and he was working then he starts telling me how he has stopped smoking..which reminded me of my first post this year..he said if someone told him he wouldn’t smoke for 1 week he would never have believed the person…and he said its almost four weeks now…I smiled cos deep inside I was happy for him…a while later he starts telling me how he has started paying his tithe even when its just ten naira..now you might think I have preached to him before but nah..I have never, and I was just wondering why did he think I was the kind of person that would encourage him to pay his tithe….

In my head, I think the funniest type of physical death a person can die is death caused by yawning..imagine an autopsy result reading ……. . cause of death : yawning.… and also in my head the meanest thing you can write on someone’s facebook wall is “pay me my money” ..what do you think..?

So I met my first blogger and that’s all I’m going to say..okay let me add..i was happy I met her..i present to you writefreak..it was fun, and going by this experience I’ll love to keep meeting bloggers..thats all i'll say for now..

I think I’m lonely… but I think I’m fine…and I choose to say, I’m doing great
i'm just me trying hard(not by power or might) to keep it real with HIM, you know who.., yeah, my maker, the reason why i live, the reason I can face tomorrow. I'm still young, but I have been through somethings, and after everything I come to conclude,my life can only make meaning to anybody, in His hands, I am so afraid to run the show of my life by myself, because I know that the result is a guaranteed 101% failure. Therefore , each day I try to see things the way He wants me to see them, no matter how trivial the situation may look like. I love Him, but at the end I feel so unworthy, because He loved me first, and I feel like there is nothing I can do to love Him back the way He has loved me, but I know just like David said in one of his psalms, I've got a good thing going with Him, and I am not letting go. (the message bible) .I love you Jesus. It is this love that gives me all the value that I’m worth. Lets look at it like this. Look at God's love for us with the love of a little girl with her favorite doll. That doll might be threadbare & falling apart at the seams. The doll itself has no value at all, except to that little girl. To her, it is priceless, the most important object in the world. The doll itself has no value, but the girl's love gives it infinite value. Likewise, it is God's love that gives us worth, even though we are not worthy of that love.
so no matter what it is goin on around us or in the world, lets remember, theres an end, and that when the real winners are recognised, dont win now and be something less than a winner in the end...selah

22 comments:

LG said...

1st

LG said...

so writefreak dey do corner corner runz :)

Beulah! said...

Nice blog. I wish u all d best for 2009!

Kafo said...

death by yawning
hmmm
never thought that was possible

i wish you a better february than your january

Fanny said...

Of a truth, God is all the worth i have, believing Him to keep us no matter the winds...

"Darkness may cover the earth, and gross darkness the people, but the Lord will rise over us" Amen

Remi, United Kingdom said...

death by yawning...! I love this post, even in its randomness! lol... Yeah that's all we have to do, keep it real with God... he knows us more than we know ourselves anyway, so ain't no point faking anything... :-)
oh and u might be lonely, but never alone... he's always there.... that's what I say most times to encourage myself.. right after I say.. father send the husband oooooh! :-)))

Glad 2009 has started great, keep running,rising and reigning in and with him.. the sky is the limit!

Much love xx

Sting said...

Hola

Afrobabe said...

death by yawning indeed...was the yawning as a result of the barbers speech or you always yawn and fall sleepy when your hair is being touched...

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

May 2009 continue to be a great year for you!

Death by yawning eh? The thought is scary.

Nice that you are beginning to meet bloggers.

Geebee said...

Now that’s totally new . . . death by yawning! Haba, what a way to die? I’m glad for your barber friend. I only pray he stays that way forever especially because it’s so hard to stay clean these days. You decide you won’t do something anymore and just when you’re beginning to believe it’s a permanent change, you find yourself slipping. It hurts, man but it takes the grace of God. It is not the falling that counts but how often you rise whenever you fall. Nice post, brother.

Reverence said...

you've been tagged.
so err did i dream it or did you really send me a message on faceboook?

Jaycee said...

I like it that you're not letting go...

Dee! said...

Yes O! Nothing compares to the LOVE of God for His children! It is that Love that allows us to even have a relationship with him! Praise God!

Buttercup said...

eeya, thank God for the barber o..

lmao @ death by yawning..how the hell did u come up with that???

i liked the last bit of the post!

simeone said...

@ LG..chop knuckle, as for the runs, we are in it togeda…
@ Beulah, thanks alots ..:-) you have my best wishes too..
@ Kafo, impossible is nothing, thanks, I receive it
@Fanny..amen o
@ Remi, thanks sis, he has sent the husband…
@ Sting.. hola to you too ;-)
@ yawning..this babe..its none of the above, you are almost confusing me with my own post..hope you’re good..?
@ solomonsydelle, amen o, its not that scary o..thanks, may 2009 continue be a great year for you too..

simeone said...

@ geebee, yes o, na grace of God...

@ reverence..i seeeee..,now you had better send the reply in your dream too...;-)

@ jaycee, friend ,to let go would be suicidal

@ dee.. aleluya !!!

@ buttercup..me sef dey thank God for the guy o, gla du liked the last bits..muah

Rita said...

I am just enjoying the way you wrote about God's love...you can say it again and again...

doll said...

so u'v met whitefreak...
Death by yawning? na wow o!

Adejoh Momoh said...

Death by yawning: that would be kind of cool. lol.
There's no love greater than God's. Your on the right track....

Buttercup said...

oga where u dey o??

simeone said...

@ rita ..thanx and thanx and thanx..lol..

@ doll..yes o..met her..she cool, reli cool..:-))..

@ Adejoh..cool huh..you feel me..

@ buttercup..right here..where u left me..lol..

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Hey Simeone,

Ah thanks for checking up on me. I am good oh.. Just been a tad busy completing a work assignment. Now it's all done.. let the writing commence :-)))
Hope you are good too...

And nope.. You CANNOT LET GO... :-)))
much love x