Saturday, 15 November 2008

better kitchen...better me..

Lets face it…we all know thos lil things in the dark corners of our lives that we have not found it easy to do away with...and it doesn’t stop there..we know that if we deal with those behaviors or that particular one we will become better as individuals…for instance..not so long ago,



I started to get really irritated with a messy kitchen sink..I’m usually too lazy to do the lil dishes I use at night…I maybe tired but bottom-line its ma laziness that makes me leave it till the next day..Morning afternoon or evening….ah, I can be untidy….but when the holy-spirit brought this to my attention, I knew okay…. I had to deal with it..look at this..”if you are filled with light with no dark corners, then your whole life radiant as though a floodlight is shining in you” that’s what luke 11:36 says
Keeping the sink clean can seem like an unsignificant part of my life and there are so many other things that we can see as inconsequential when it comes to our “outside image”..people can see you outside and think..hey, he seems really nice or she'z not the fussy type..…those things are cool , great..but I have come to discover that as humans..we have the room to always improve ourselves….if you look back at that verse ..that point where it says “with no dark corners” really got to me…
Dealing with the dark corners is quite easy if you put your mind to it..like I said the kitchen sink thing made me really uncomfortable….and so I just made sure I took care of the place before going to bed, if I didn’t decide to address the issue, I’ll still look good , I’ll still be happy..my faculty would still function normally my relationship with people might not be affected especially when they don’t live with me, my bank balance would not be affected in any way..But I’ll know...that peace and joy that I’m supposed to have inside isn’t complete, just because of dis-obedience…
So guys..let’s look inwards and check all the corners of our lives, it might be a bad habit like not saying “thank-you” I tell you , there are people like that or maybe its something to do with lateness…everybody knows what that dark corner is..here and there..but if you are the person satisfied with part of your life being radiant..and the other part kinda murky..then..it’s up to you….

What I’m just trying to say..what is that one thing that you know…if u stopped or started doing, would make you a better person, maybe not for anybody, but for you and your maker….think !..

23 comments:

LG said...

1stttt

LG said...

oops!! dis post 4 moi'
off to clean 'under my bed' :p

DiAmOnD hawk said...

a spot check... me likey! and let me say this... i dont like a messy kitchen.. cant cook in one but i dont do dishes every night :-(... laziness... going to clean up this morning!

Remi, United Kingdom said...

4th.. eerm no 3rrrd! lol..
Simeone, this post is so on point! God works on every single aspect of us, no matter how small or insignificant we might think it is. I used to be like this, but mine was dropping papers of anything and everything anywhere; from sweet wrappers to used papers, anything!!! Then one day, a while ago, the holy spirit dealth with me well, well .. and said something along these lines "well are you going to drop that empty backet of biscuit on the floor, and I was like yeah (still acting silly!!!), and he said, well I know you know that no one is looking but you know your father is looking and watching what u are doing right?" okay that just freaked me out to the core as you can imagine! since then whenver I want to do something naughty, I remember, "no one is watching, but God is watching" that just about dictates my actions! lol.. great piece
Have a great weekend. much love

James Tubman said...

improving my looks lol

i shouldnt admit that but...

Reverence said...

I wish my roomate could read this *hiss*

Jaycee said...

LOLLL @ Reverence!!! I wish my sister's roommate can see this...LOL.

But seriously, it's amazing what a messy kitchen sink can teach us...wow. I was blessed by this post. This tells me that we always have to evaluate ourselves to see where we need to get right.

(I need to start being #1 here, abi wetin now?) Ahn ahn...

Kafo said...

what
this is nice
dirty dishes never sound so spiritual

have a blessed week

Adejoh Momoh said...

Was amazed by this post. Schools me on how the little things we overlook actually matter. Would be an ardent reader of your posts.

Buttercup said...

Its just simply amazin how a spiritual lesson can be brought from anythin..

Nice one man!

simeone said...

@ lg... some pipo wanna fight you for ur first position o...hope u are ready..but for this one congrats....

@ diamond hawk..glad u gained something..

@ remi..that's that undeniable fact that sometimes makes me feel uncomfortable..but i know it's what i have to live by...thanks you so much..

@ james tubman..your looks hunh..? pls remember to look good from the inside too..

@ reverence..do you mind setting her up..u can gimme her e-mail addy..

@ jaycee..those are the words o...always ,evaluate, ourselves..
on being first...i say "yes, u can"..lol

@ kafo..thanks kafo..have a luvli week too..

@ adejoh..exactly ma bro...lil things we tend to overlook reli mean alot..thanks 4 comin by...

@ buttercup..thanks o, even the ants teach us a lesson..have fun and be gud..

Dee! said...

My brother you sure do have a way of sending messages! This post (like others) is very deep! I'll have to meditate on this!

I know I have some dark corners - particularly my temper. Yeah! I am still working on it.

Thank you!

Nwa Chi said...

I simply agree with you. Working on my own dark corners.

NigerianDramaQueen said...

Very true. I have a bad habit of leaving oatmeal in bowls overnight some times. What a pain it is to try and wash it out! And sometimes thats how I am in real life...I procrastinate and leave things undone, until fixing it becomes an issue. Thanks so much for the reminder to work on being a better me!

Yewande Atanda said...

your writing is stylish but the message very resounding. we all have those dark "corners". that's why we're humans, right?

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I can't see my well drafted comment ooo..

Temite said...

A lot more disciplined will definetely make me a better person.

aloted said...

men u have spoken again O

It's Simeone AGAIN! LOL

Actually i feel u..my room is in a total mess right now..and it is making feel so uncomfortable with myself...ish!

I am going home in a few mins to try and clean it..God help me!!!

Writefreak said...

hmmm...you want to make me all thinky thinky now..lol..but it's amazing the lessons we can learn from the little things in life, if only we decided to pay attention!

I also hate a dirty kitchen but i don't do the dishes every night, i must confess...

I'm off to examine myself :-)

simeone said...

dee..as long as you are willing to work on it..you will surely overcome it..bless your heart...

@ nwa chi...the Lord is ur strength o.

@ ndq..your are welkie, and all the best as you work on them.

yewande..you are right..that why we always need to keep working on ourselves..

@ loascm..oh o..sori bout that..would appreciate it if you could another one....thanx

temite..then work on it pleeeeezz...hugz

alotedbabe..pls do as you have said o..the Lord is ur strength..

@ writefreak..yeah, thats the whole aim of the post..to get us to examine ourselves, so we can become berra.peace

Jewells said...

Hmmmm, this is definitely something to think about. I must go ponder this one for a while.

simeone said...

do what u gotta do j.

omonaikee said...

thanks for reminding me of that scripture.i came across it at the beginning of the year and i think it defines the concept of holiness.if we continue to let God fill our hearts with desire for Him and our minds with thoughts that please him through prayer and the word we will radiate his glory in our ordinary lives