Friday, 10 October 2008

what shall i title this..?

Sometimes I really ponder on the life of that joseph guy…not the figure head father of Jesus o…the coat of many colours one …he offended no one and the kind of hospitality he got from life suggests differently, or was it his fault that he was the only one given a coat of many colours or was it his fault that he had such an appealing physique( Gen 39: 6) that madam potiphar couldn’t hold herself anymore….he went through a whole lot of drama that was really not his fault and what keeps me wondering is how he didn’t get angry with life, throw caution to the wind and damn all the consequences , something tells me he had a GPS device which told him he was still on the right track to his destination because he remained faithful



There’s this other dude too..david, he was told to go and rear sheep at a very young age, (that would be seen as child abuse in this modern times) he was so not loved /needed that when Samuel went to anoint the next King in his Fathers house,his father only remembered there was one more left when the priest said he had not seen the right guy( 1 sam 16: 11) ..The shepherd boy job is not a cakewalking one as there were wild animals that could easily have eaten all the sheep and reserved he himself for breakfast the next day..but he kept doing it..he didn’t run away or drown one of the sheep in anger…but He trusted God to see him through( psalm 23 )and he also did his best to remain faithful..


There are other stories of people who remained faithful through uneasy times in their lives...we only end up hearing and admiring their success stories, we need to look at how they handled the pressure…they had to deal with, and I’m so sure if these guys didn’t live with a deeper sense of purpose than most people do they would very easily have taken the easy way out.. Picture this-how interesting will it look when a footballer kicks the ball from his own end to the opposition goal post undisturbed and scores a goal, I don’t think he will even celebrate his goal..darrizz my point..what will be the point of graduation ceremonies if everybody just spent some years in school socializing and attending classes once in a while…most people don’t like exams but if we remove exams from the whole set-up, almost everybody won’t enjoy school again..The success stories we hear are actually so because someone had to deal with a situation that could equally have dealt with the person.. can I suggest to you at this point that God does not crown a man He did not make…selah

25 comments:

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

darrizzzzzz exactly the point.. I am so feeling this, so true.. just yesterday a light bulb went on in my head.. I was complaining to God all this years that He's wasted my life and youth for nothing..lol. *sigh* only for me to realise that the route he took me and the place He has brought me has always been the place I've always wanted to be since my childhood... mehn it took people from 15 odd years asking me if Ive reached that destination yet, and Im like, woah, it is true, God was working things out for me.. and instead of feeling like Joseph and David, you know, believing that the journey was worth the prize, Im just behaving like an anoying kid, just annoying God..lol.. thank God He didn't give up on me..

I really love and enjoyed this post.. that is ehhhhhhhh..lol.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

you're so right...
even today... we see some pastors... but we dont see their history...
nice post...

NewLife said...

Got me thinking... so true! in everything in life career, marriage, so many things come to mind. I enjoyed reading this

rayo said...

the journey to sucess is rili tough i guess, i should stop complaining when i pass through stuff and take them as just a phase. nd yeah if there were no exams to prepare 4 school would be boring

Believer said...

Thanks for this simeone. We praise people for being giant killers forgetting that a giant had to be killed in the process. Remain blessed

Lady A said...

And our life is no different then theirs. We all have our own course of trials that will make us who we are destinied to be. Though we may not understand or make sense to us...we just have to continue to trust God....it will make sense in the end.
PS, yes, Joseph was angry, very...but after God dealt with his heart, that's when Joseph recieved his breakthrough....reuniting with his father.

simeone said...

@ the life of a stranger called me...we all ougth to just thank God o...i can remember 1000 tyms i woulda given up on me if i were God..i'm hapi it ministerd to you....

@ miss d(hawk)..should i guess what the whole name is..? cos i think i hav a good chance of getting it..
thanks for the comment...

@newlife..i'm glad you were blessed o/and i know the thinking will endup making you a better person...peace n luv

@rayo..yeah...u need to feel what God feels when we complain..our battles and victories make life intersting i tell you.....

@believer..you are so so welcome..we need to ask for that grace to be gaint killers too...
hop u are good..?

@lady A..yes o..it will all make sense at the end of the day o..Lord help us...

Temite said...

Sorry o Simeone - I do not agree with you. I think God should not allow us to go through bad stuff just to teach us. Me I just want to sail through. I dont want hardship, sometimes life is too hard, and I dont want to be told that, I am being taught a lesson. I woulda so killed my brothers if I were Joseph and David. XOXO

simeone said...

@ temite..like you said.."i think"..that is what you think ..but walking with God if you want to will always have those times when your faith will be tested..like i was saying a Phd holder..wrote exams all the way from primary school till msc and all that..bottomline is achivers are overcomers...

Dee! said...

God bless you for this post! It is very DEEP! And I agree with you that "God does not crown a man He did not make".

My brother stay blessed!

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Hmmm something to ponder on exactly!! :-))) and then with all our modern cons we still find it incredibly hard to remain faithful!
I love that "something tells me he had a GPS device which told him he was still on the right track" lol... well we can say our GPS is the Holy Spirit, now if we would only listen to him when he tells us to hang on, our journey in the wildnerness won't be as long as it is in reality!
on point post! Have an awesome week ahead of you.

Much luv

aloted said...

simeone omobaba! u have spoken again...

i feel this post...God did not promise that life's journey will be easy but he promised to be there with us.. That is our consolation and joy.

thanks for this!

simeone said...

a big amen to your prayer dee...thanks o

@ remi..yes o.there can be no other gps for the believer like the holyspirit we have..thanks for adding that
Lord help us to listen o..
hav a luvli week too..peace..

aloted you are craccking me up o..that ur first line kinda scared me...i'm like who am i..?
yes o.he promised he'll be there with us and that is what we shld hold unto...muah..

Rita said...

"...God does not crown a man He did not make..." This teaches me that if I want God to crown me, I had better start walking with Him...

Well written Simeone...Keep it up...

Fanwest said...

Thanks for this post simeone. May God give us the grace to hang on till we receive the crown.

@ remi: Thank God for the holy spirit!

30+ said...

Very true words, what is the fun of school if there was no exams.

I especially love this "God does not crown a man that he did not make"...food for thought.

chichi said...

God does not crown a man He did not make…

as in eh brother simeon this line has unfathomable depth and profound trth. i am tickled honestly.

it is well.

chichi

and thnx 4 dropin by mine

Tigeress said...

Simeon- that was a rather nice read. Job, Joseph, David etc. are all God's chosen people that had an exceptional life. They went thru a storm but came out clearly on top. God will never let us go thru trials that we can never overcome. :)

The Invisible Man said...

Just wanna say hi Holla

aloted said...

You've received an "I love your blog" award. Please check my blog for more details

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

"God does not crown a man He did not make…"

Amen.

I have been reading specific blogs this morning looking for not just motivation for my next post, but inspiration. God help us all.

doll said...

hmm, nicely put...very insightful...thanx 4 sharing

simeone said...

@ rita...thank you so bery much///

@ fanwest...amen o..darriz the prayer///

@ 30+...maybe alot more of us woulda been dropouts...just thinkin///

@chichi...amen o.it is well///

@tigeress..very true..thanks for droppin by///

@the invisible man..guy , me sef the hail o..peace///

aloted..modupe o///

aunti solomons...amen o.we are all helpless without his help..///

@ doll..thanks dear..hope u r doin great..thanks for comin..///

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

Loved this post
We always want to 'get there'
without actually walking the walk
Joseph and David were ordinary men with faults sins and shortcomings, but they perservered in thier deligence and dedication to the Lord and they were richly rewarded for it

simeone said...

@ mdm..very true,,the world would be a better place if a lot more people understand "process"- walking the walk..thanks alot for coming....